Resources for Finding Treatment Providers
The following websites provide directories of physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and treatment agencies specializing in addiction medicine and addiction psychiatry. Most of the websites can be queried by city, state, and zip code to identify medical practitioners located close to a treatment court.
- American Board of Addiction Medicine, Find a Physician:
- American Board of Preventive Medicine, Physician Lookup: certification.
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Search for an ABPN Board-Certified Physician:
- American Academy of Addiction Psychiatry, Addiction Psychiatrists by State:
- SAMHSA, Find Treatment:
- SAMHSA, State Opioid Treatment Authorities:
- SAMHSA, Behavioral Health Treatment Services Locator:
- Vivitrol, Find a Treatment Provider:
- The ASAM Appropriate Use of Drug Testing in Clinical Addiction Medicine:
- The ASAM Criteria:
- The ASAM National Practice Guideline for the Treatment of Opioid Use Disorder, 2020 Focused Update:
- The ASAM National Practice Guideline for the Use of Medications in the Treatment of Addiction Involving Opioid Use:
- ASAM Definition of Addiction:
- Free webinars and additional material about treatment:
- NADCP MAT resources web page:
- Adult Drug Court Best Practice Standards, Volume I:
- Adult Drug Court Best Practice Standards, Volume II:
- American Psychiatric Association, Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition (DSM-5):
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Preventing an Opioid Overdose Tip Card:
- RODS screening tool: Wickersham, J. A., Azar, M. M., Cannon, C. M., Altice, F. L., & Springer, S. A. Validation of a brief measure of opioid dependence: The Rapid Opioid Dependence Screen (RODS). Journal of Correctional Health Care, 21(1):12–26.
- SAMHSA, TIP 63: Medications for Opioid Use Disorder (updated in 2020):